Welcome to Mississauga Christian Homeschool Association
PLEASE NOTE: THE TUESDAY PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY ON PAUSE. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com
NEXT EVENT: HOMESCHOOL 101
7755 Tenth Line West, Miss., ON L5N 0C4
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017 3:00pm
Please RSVP to Homeschooling 101 website
Thank you for visiting our website. We are a co-operative Christian support group for those families who have decided to home school in the Mississauga, Ontario area.
The choice of educating at home is increasing every year and there are several reasons and motivations for this.
The most common reasons given for homeschooling are the following:
- customize or individualize the curriculum and learning environment for each child,
- accomplish more academically than in schools,
- use pedagogical approaches other than those typical in institutional schools,
- enhance family relationships between children and parents and among siblings,
- provide guided and reasoned social interactions with youthful peers and adults,
- provide a safer environment for children and youth, because of physical violence, drugs and alcohol, psychological abuse, racism, and improper and unhealthy sexuality associated with institutional schools, and
- teach and impart a particular set of values, beliefs, and worldview to children and youth.
Let us share your homeschooling journey with you.