Welcome to Mississauga Christian Homeschool
MANDATORY PARENTS MEETING
JUNE 4, 2018.
TIME: 7:30 P.M.
Thank you for visiting our website. We are co-operative Christian support group for those families who have decided to home school in the Mississauga, Ontario area.
The choice of educating at home is increasing every year and there are several reasons and motivations for this.
The most common reasons given for homeschooling are the following:
- customize or individualize the curriculum and learning environment for each child,
- accomplish more academically than in schools,
- use pedagogical approaches other than those typical in institutional schools,
- enhance family relationships between children and parents and among siblings,
- provide guided and reasoned social interactions with youthful peers and adults,
- provide a safer environment for children and youth, because of physical violence, drugs and alcohol, psychological abuse, racism, and improper and unhealthy sexuality associated with institutional schools, and
- teach and impart a particular set of values, beliefs, and worldview to children and youth.
Let us share your homeschooling journey with you.